Tuesday, November 15, 2011

more about.....grace

And the thoughts just keep rolling through me about Your grace.....much like the tide of the ocean I sit beside today, the current gently continuing the movement. While what we see with our eyes appears as a gentle driver, the current actually carries immense power. That is the part hidden to the natural eye. But when we actually study what's going on underneath the depths, overhead in the gravitational pull, it can blow our minds!
And that's a pretty good picture, for me anyway, of Your grace.
Many years ago, a friend who is a really great Bible teacher gave us a definition of grace that captured the essence of this concept. It literally changed my life! She said, and I held in my heart from that day forward, that grace is "GOD's ability to do in me, through me, and for me what I cannot." Pretty simple summation of something that is so immense in reality. And from that day forward, I learned to literally walk in that grace and Your mercy.
She also taught me that grace is not something that is a one time deal, or that which we receive an occassional dose of, but a part of Your love that carries us through our life moment by moment. I can't even use the word daily here because it is truly a momentary thing!
You showed me a well that I can come to at any time and draw grace from.....that spring of life that only You provide that sustains us. And it is always there, and it always carries me. I memorized Hebrews 4:16 ~
"Let us then (boldly) approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." NIV

These words, the concepts and the power within them have carried me every day since I learned them. I remember when Holy Spirit dropped them into my heart and they literally became "rhema" to me. Grace is a bit like that manna You provided Your people back during the exodus..... "gather only what you need for right now, today." I believe those were Your instructions. Anything left over or hoarded for a "tomorrow" was spoiled.
Like the manna, grace is there for the "just when we need it."
Now here's the thing....I have become almost unable to conceive of a day without it! And I don't want to approach anything in life without .... You. And grace is a part of that.
My heart is so ..... well, full for lack of a better word, with all this. So I'll end this blog today, because I just feel that I will throw words out here without much substance should I continue.

Sharoni
....giving voice to those with none....

No comments:

Post a Comment