Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tears of Joy

Okay....it's official.....I am touched to the core of my being. Why? Well......struggling with the diabetes issue has been a bugger. Why? Because:
1. I hate being to told what to do.
2. I hate planning anything, particularly food.
3. I did this to myself and I haven't quite forgiven myself.
4. Focus and discipline are the two qualities that I am currently working on and have not obtained in the least......at least it feels that way, particularly related to well, just about everything right now except the fact that I love my LORD with everything in me.

Okay....so why am I touched right now? "Touched" not meaning knocked crazy in the head....but my heart swells with appreciation of the eloquence of the words of others and with the grace and mercy that GOD pours into my life daily.....yes....daily.

So, having given myself a bit of a go on my own with little resources or assistance to adhere to a balanced dietary intake that keeps me feeling light and good and, well, let's just say, it has not been one of my more glorious undertakings. So, after praying this morning what do I stumble over on the web that eluded me previously? Yep.....the exact resources I needed. I guess I was not truly ready for them prior to today. Sometimes it takes the stubbing of a toe to succeed.

So.....yes......life is good. Opening up the lovely organizer my sweetie gave me at Christmas, I turned to a quote I took down when I started school and it has been quite inspirational to me all this time. It brought tears to my eyes this morning because the gentle nudge the website I discovered gave me about just getting back up and moving forward.....that it was not an unusual thing to "fall off the wagon" and the importance of just moving forward. With that said:

"My energy is in proportion to the resistance it meets. We attempt nothing great but from a sense of the difficulties we have to encounter.... we persevere in nothing great but from a pride in overcoming them."
~William Hazlitt~

I don't even know who this William is, but I am going to find out after I post this.....he said it good, huh?
And then the calendar page from a recent day had another lovely quote on it:

"Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed."
~Corita Kent~

Yet another person I shall check out. Her name is familiar; so is William's. It will probably be one of those "oh yeah, now I remember them" moments. Fun times.....fun times.....

Sharoni
....giving voice to those with none....

No comments:

Post a Comment