Saturday, October 9, 2010

Miracle Moments

A recent visit to the ocean reminded me that what I love most about my GOD is the fact that He cares about the most minute details of my life. That there is nothing escaping His watchful eye, that what matters to me matters to Him......these are the things that bless me beyond words. But words matter, at least when you want to share those magical moments. Water moves me....the motion, its freshness, the power it contains, the healing properties.....the life in it, and its power to move you. Such simplicity....such grace and beauty.....a most interesting and inspiring entity these bodies of water are. No life can exist without its presence and involvement. And that is like GOD. I cannot exist without His presence.
He involves Himself in the every corner of my life and I love that about Him.....like the water surrounds me as I emerge myself in it.....GOD surrounds and comforts me. As we walked along the beach, looking for little treasures, we found something rare.....a joined clam shell. My husband tells me that this is a very rare occurrence, finding them intact like this. And I rejoice in the gift GOD has given us. But we seek something even more rare, Max unsure if they even still exist where we are....the sand dollar. Interesting, beautiful, and most fragile, the sand dollar hides itself in the sand (literally) as a protection against all that would snatch it up as a snack. We spoke our desire....simple, yet heart felt, because of the fragility of its beauty and its rarity. GOD heard our prayers. I wanted Max to discover one because I knew how much he wanted to give one to me....for us to share such a unique moment and gift from the sea. And as we were walking to wrap up our visit there, he prayed a simple, "Please let me find a sand dollar that I may give Sharoni....she would just love it..." and before he could barely get the last word out, he looks down and there at his toe was....yep, a lovely little sand dollar....just waiting to come home with us!
The miracle of the moment......
They are all around us....we simply need to watch for them....expect them. They are there....

Sharoni
....giving voice to those with none....

No comments:

Post a Comment