Sunday, March 29, 2009

Isn't it Interesting?

Interesting that last night I had destiny on my mind and this morning, a devotional I subscribe to was posted with that focus. The pastor asked good questions...these are some of the same questions I ask people when I interview them for employment with our facility, and always have. I want to know what it is that attracts them to us, particularly now since the population we work with is so special. These are worthy of a good pondering:
1. What is your deepest desire?
2. What stirs your passion?
3. What naturally flows out of you?
4. Where do you get results?
5. What career or ministry do you feel the peace of God about pursuing?
6. What thoughts, visions, dreams are impossible to put out of your mind?
7. What goal or ambition can you dedicate yourself to 100% for the rest of your life?
8. What do people volunteer to help you accomplish?

Most interestingly, he entitled the devotional "What it Means to Be a Worshipper." I never thought about it in those terms even tho I am sure that somewhere in the past I have said that my life was my worship to God. It is...our life is our worship to God....we don't think about that too often. We have wrapped our concept of worship around an action we take when we are gathered in a public "service or meeting"... or maybe even that great alone time when we just let it all out with God. But we are really missing the boat if we think that He is unconcerned with our all day, every day comings and goings, our doings and our thoughts. We worship Him in the most dear way to His heart when we love His people and bless them with our lives. That, to me, is pure worship.

Sharoni
...giving voice to those with none...

No comments:

Post a Comment