Monday, April 2, 2012

Ordinary vs. Extraordinary

"I am going to live happily & see today as a gift from GOD. I'm thankful for my relationships, my health & the opportunities GOD's given me. When I think back on what He's done, I'm filled with hope & with gratitude. I'm expecting great things for others around me too, & I pray that my joy & happiness will brighten someone else's day. This is my declaration of who I am."

My precious pastor blessed us this year with a 31 day walk of declarations of who we are as GOD's children. It has blessed me beyond belief and daily been "life" for me. So today was also special.....aren't they all?

Then I read (from another source direction) Romans 8: 12-18, first in the Amplified and then in The Message. I love both! It reminded me that we are not called to ordinary.... we are called to extraordinary ... above, beyond all "normal" expectations ...
to achieve greatness and live goodness .....
as children of the Most High GOD, we are heirs .... heirs of the great, magnificent Kingdom of GOD ..... the Kingdom of Heaven.....
see, Disney didn't have so wrong .... we really are princes and princesses ..... joint heirs with the Son of the living GOD .... the Messiah .... the last Adam ....
so ..... v. 18 isn't far off either ....
the "sufferings" of this world are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed .... to us ... in us.... for us ... conferred on us!

"We experience life on GOD's terms ... GOD's Spirit touches our spirits & confirms who we really are ....." The Message Romans 8

Yep, I'm extraordinary all right! Yes indeedy! :)

Sharoni
....giving voice to those with none ....










No comments:

Post a Comment