Saturday, May 16, 2009

Having Strength

As I have struggled with recent challenges in my new position here, and always, Father GOD is faithful to reassure and comfort me with His Words. I have never felt the presence of Jesus beside me more than I do now, and that is so nice, that there are no words to really do those feelings justice. Recently, I was led to purchase a book entitled, "How Strong Women Pray," by Bonnie St. John. She is a remarkable woman herself, but she has managed to locate many other remarkable women to share their stories as well. I highly recommend it.

Back to the point of this post.... this morning I was reminded of some very precious Words known to me all my life, said over and over and over again, but this season they take on an entirely different meaning.



"I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me...I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency."

Philippians 4:13



The way we often banter about the Words of scripture sometimes lead us into a state of desensitization with them. We see them on plaques, on mirrors, on this little dilly dally thing or another, and they seem, at times, to lose their "punch." However, when the Spirit of GOD brings them rhema to us, all of a sudden, there is this whoosh as the breath of GOD flows through His Words and our spirits again, reenergize and restore us in that which we need for the hour.

Living and Learning,

Sharoni
...giving voice to those with none...

No comments:

Post a Comment