Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Overwhelmed By Love.....

I love that I want to do this more than Facebook. Yay!

The title is basically what my life has been about for the past two years. I mean.......I have always been enamoured by Your love, LORD, but.......since we've been back here, out of the darkness and oppressive spiritual climate we lived in for a decade, I have an amazing new appreciation for every little teeny tiny thing of beauty that life has to offer! Is that because I asked You to let me live here a bit longer when I had the opportunity to cave in to cancer and come home? Did that open up new perspectives for me? Or was it that heart attack? Or is it a combination of all of those things and then just a new-found appreciation for Your creation? Whatever it may be......I am so thrilled!

On a page topped with a little blue daisy (I am a sticker fanatic!) I copied these words because they touched me so deeply and because it is truly how I attempt to live my life daily.....
Max Lucado is an amazing teacher and author.....his gift with words and the fact that he actually captures practically my every thought just continues to astound me. Year after year after year.....it's like he and Beth read my mail and put it out there for all to share. So I share now:

"There is a rawness and a wonder to life. Pursue it.... Don't listen to the whines of those who have settled for a second-rate life....they just want to drag you into their misery so as not to feel guilt.....
Your goal is not to live long .... it's to live."
"You can build a fire in your hearth, stay inside, toasty warm ..... dry ..... safe.... OR .....
Or you can hear the voice of adventure ~ GOD's adventure. Instead of building that fire in your hearth ..... build a fire in your heart. Follow GOD's impulses."

Jesus told us and it is recorded in Luke 17:33 that "Those who try to keep their lives will lose them. But those who give up their lives will save them."

Words to live by, huh?

Sharoni
....giving voice to those with none....

No comments:

Post a Comment