Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Redirectes

This was the title of my devotional this morning. It shared the story about a young and very successful pianist who lost his ability to play. This fellow was world-renown. After walking through his downtime and adjustment period, he became a teacher and conductor. He said that he loved music more than he loved the piano.
I just noticed that my title had a typo; I had intended to entitle it "Redirected," just as the devotional page did. But as I reached to change it, I stopped. No, leave it as it is. It is meant to be that. Redirects......how many of those have I had in my life? How many have we all experienced? By choice, by consequence of choices, by life circumstances beyond our control.......whatever the reason, whoever said that redirects are a bad thing?

Artists inherently seek to raise the bar and tweak and achieve a place never experienced before in their medium. Most of my life I never considered myself an artist.....I've addressed that many times before.......I never considered myself a true musician. I thought that "true" musicians possessed talent way beyond my own. I always said, Oh I have talent, but not that kind of talent. Phooey!
I realize now that I really am an artist......an artist in music appreciation and expression......an artist with words from time to time........an artist in my ability to appreciate people in all their complexities and lovliness.........an artist in my ability to have a conversation of substance with anyone, almost anywhere and almost anytime - but that always comes at the LORD's direction. And I am an artist in my ability to capture vision. Artists see the world in all its beauty and all its implied beauty......the potential beyond the realized. If you can look at a fallen branch of a tree and see the beauty in that......you might be an artist! :)

The hard question asked this morning was: "When our dreams are shattered, how do we react?" And the story of Joseph was shared. I know this! Yes.....my dreams have been shattered......and my life was a train wreck for a period of time on more than one occassion. But those times.....those shattered dreams are what have allowed me to flourish in this season of my life. Had I remained in a dysfunctional relationship and stayed in the music industry, who knows where or what I would be right now? Certainly not a nurse. And being a nurse is a life-long dream of mine, held since I was a little girl.
Imagine.......dare to dream.....it is the stuff realities are made of.

Sharoni
....giving voice to those with none.....


"A man's heart plans his way.......but the LORD directs his steps."
Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment